Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 1 of training

D2 a023 Pastry Cutter Y sign 1

Worked today. So I did 15 pushups before leaving the house this morning. That was hard enough. My shoulders were making popping noises. Boy, am I out of shape.

When I got home, I didn't feel like doing anything. I didn't bring a lunch today (only ramen in a bowl, if you can call that lunch) but one of the doctors bought pizza for the staff and I had a slice. Then, I found out there was a pharmaceutical rep in the SICU who brought lunch for everyone in the unit - Mediterranean food. Boy, was it good. Then in the afternoon, I had another slice of leftover pizza and 2 cookies. I was still full when I got home. I think I have to not eat past 7:30pm, which I am notorious for doing. Anyway, did about 30 pushups and did half of those granny style and a few minutes of lunges and squats. I felt it in my knees afterward. My goal: bench 220lb and squat 315lb by day 60. I have to hit the weight room on Friday, when I am off.

No comments: