Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 1


Hey, this has got to be someone from the family or at least a long lost relative. Saw him travelling on I55 and had to pull out the camera from the bag with one hand while driving with the other.

Haven't seen one since I was a kid. Taken in Troy, IL.
I felt so sleepy after lunch. This is my second cup of coffee - dark roast. Had to pull off the interstate for my 1st cup of coffee at McDonalds.

Well, finally made it to Tennessee, South Memphis/South Haven and only 600 miles later or 10 hrs. I don't know why it took us 10 hrs - 1 stop for lunch, 2 gas fill ups, 1 coffee stop, 1 potty break. Checked in a little after 9pm. Tried the Applebees for dinner at 9 before checking in but there was still a wait at the door? - huh? So KFC it was and ate in the hotel room. Now for some sleep. Oh, my aching bottom and knees. Only 6-7 hrs to drive in the morning for New Orleans.

I still need to play around desperately with this laptop because I still don't know how these pictures are being saved (well I have a little idea).

Gas BP/TA travel center, Troy, IL - 64.89
Burger King-12.93
KFC-20.80
Shell, Marion AR - 61.90

3 comments:

Lui5 said...

Well it looks like you're off to a good start! It hasn't turned into a Griswold Family vacation.... yet!

Brian said...

I hope you guys have a great time!

Any problems with all the weather last night? I think we had some of the worst weather in the area I can remember.
I even think I saw some clouds starting to rotate but then stop.

It goes without saying that Lucy and I were in the basement shortly after that and LUI5 was upstairs taking pictures!

MrMantastic said...

That's so funny.
Once I was driving home from work and there was this AWESOME lighting show from the Eisenhower that when I got home the first thing I did was open the garage and got our ladder, umbrella, and my camera. Well, it was raining HARD as well and by the time I got up to the 4th or 5th step I fell off and hit the ground with my hip. I was laughing so hard. Good thing Sam didn't see me. But I saved the camera.